The Marketing Analytics Analyst (Web and Marketing Analytics) manages Global Marketing Analytics Services and Operations across both strategic roadmap planning, execution and day-to-day operations that support a global team to deliver on a broad range of strategic business priorities (Priority Value Drivers). The team is a key enabler and driver or capabilities to global teams.
The individual is a key partner of the global Marketing Transformation team and responsible to lead and support teams (internal and vendors) in all aspects of Marketing data and Website analytics; data design, implementation, reporting, and analysis across both organization's digital eco-system of websites and platforms and others.) and Marketing performance reporting (ex. campaign performance, lead attribution, sales funnel and revenue performance, etc.)
The individual is responsible to manage and grow the Marketing Analytics CoE across core areas of measurement, technology, operations, governance, training and education, change management and best practices.
The individual collaborates with both internal teams and vendor management (ex. vendor(s). They support all Marketing Analytics services and are comfortable as a platform administration on Adobe Analytics, Adobe Launch, Adobe Target. Bonus platforms include Microsoft Azure, Observpoint, HotJar and related MarTechs.
The individual is a Marketing technologist who is a consultant to business stakeholders and a storyteller of data and analytics to lead change management areas that build greater awareness and knowledge, desire and adoption and grow organization’s data-driven Marketing culture.
Note: This is a full time position with one of our clients.
Major Job Functions:
Web Analytics – 40%
- Lead and management of the end-to-end website analytics (research, plan, build, implement, run).
- Supportorganization’s global website eco-system;
- Manage the planning and processes for capture, storage, usage and tracking of online activity from multiple web sites
- Full responsibility for web analytics needs across customer analytics platforms. Ensure we are collecting the right web analytics data by designing tagging strategies and helping translate analytics requirements from the business into new variables for developers to implement
- Lead and manage a Center of Excellent for Marketing Web Analytics; Support, Best Practices, Training and education, Technology, Measurement, Change Management and Governance
- Design and maintenance of Marketing reporting dashboards using Adobe Analytics data and other BI tools; Google Data Studio, Tableau
- Accountable across web analytics and digital marketing data implementation, QA, UAT, documentation and auditing.
- Raise the department’s analytical IQ through planning and leading formal training, workshops, one-on-ones, weekly insights meetings, and sharing your work
- Partner and consultant with a broad range of business stakeholders to steer and translate business needs and requirements into technical web analytic scope of requirements and estimate the value / benefit of initiatives to ensure we are always working on the most valuable stories.
- Manage the implementation and tracking of digital marketing initiatives both current and future
Marketing Data Analysis – 20%
- Partner and support busines stakeholders to for project and adhoc marketing and website analytics and technical needs
- The advocate to champions the step-change to embed Marketing data and analytics across teams, and the storytelling and presenting key findings to team Leads.
- Champion and support teams in a Marketing Insights Program; proactive engagement with stakeholders and teams, KPI analysis and insight translation, present and communicate insights and findings, lead an action plan framework to guide teams to change thru direct optimization improvements, or A/B testing experimentation.
- Help quantify the financial, customer experience or relevant KPI impact of new site features and optimization initiatives by recommending experiments: from experimental design to test result analysis and presentation
- Ensure teams have the KPIs, dashboards and ad-hoc analysis to understand digital customer behavior, the insights and recommendations on goal performance
- Partner with stakeholder to identify customer pain points and site optimization opportunities by doing deep dive analyses, and integrating web behavior data with other related data sources for enriched insights (ex. voice of customer data (survey data, NPS, etc.), operational data, financial data, etc.
Support Administration – 20%
- Management of the Marketing Web Analytics Service Desk Support, and the vendor team behind it
- Troubleshooting (ex. tracking, data and analytic issues)
- Tag and tracking management
- Managing the tracking and reporting of operational excellence KPI’s
MarTech Platform Admin – 10%
- Marketing technology lead and management over Adobe Analytics, Adobe Launch, Google Analytics, Adobe Target, Azure marketing environment, other 3rd party marketing platforms/tools
- Tag management of tagging framework, auditing and QA support
- Ensure data integrity & documentation of tracking standards (governance)
Reporting & Insights – 10%
- Plan, build and run data reports, data-visualization in Adobe Analytics (and Tableau bonus)
- Provide insights and recommendations based on data
- Subject matter expert with total experience between 5-8 years with minimum +4 years using Adobe Analytics Suite (or secondary, Google Analytics)
- MarTech Platform Analytics experience
- Primary Adobe Analytics (or deep Google Analytics)
- Secondary: Adobe Target, Adobe Launch
- Bonus: Microsoft Azure or similar web services data environment
- Designing web analytics and marketing data solutions and writing technical documentation for a medium/large scale commercial website
- Experience working with Digital marketing data-driven teams with a strong understanding and ability to translate core marketing data needs to operationalize both Marketing Technologies (ex. data-driven marketing) and Insights (reporting and analysis)
- Experience in interfacing and translating between business stakeholders and technical implementation teams
- Experience presenting reports and strategic recommendations to clients or internal teams
- Experience working with tagging technologies (Like Adobe DTM or Launch, GTM or similar)
- Experience on technical architecture/framework of analytical eco-system(s)
- Experience with visualization techniques for data analysis and presentation
- The following experiences would be considered an asset, but not mandatory: Data and engineering experience; SQL development; Database modeling and structure (Azure environment)
- ETLs and workflows, API, data extraction: Ex. Plan, build and manage Marketing data pipelines
- Infrastructure; Azure (Familiar with Microsoft environment (Azure) and data factory and Familiar with planning/modeling, building and managing database table)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience or equivalent industry experience