By default Google Analytics 4 (GA4) retains the data for 2 months. As a result, you will only be able to go look at the past 2 months of data in Exploration.
However you can change that to 14 months, this gives you the ability to do a year over year comparison.
How to change the Data Retention time frame in GA4?
- Sign in to your Google Analytics 4 account
- Go to Admin panel
- Pick the Analytics property that you want to change the setting for.
- Under property, click Data Settings > Data Retention.
- Event data retention: select the retention period you want.
- Click Reset user data on new activity and turn it on.
- Click Save.
Want more than 14 months of data?
Contact us and we discuss how to do that.
Need GA4 Help?
- Workshop – We offer onsite customized workshops. Reach out to us for more details.
- Consulting – We can get you up and running with Google Analytics 4 as well as train your and your team to use it effectively. Reach out to us for more details.