Google BigQuery Training for Digital & Web Analytics
This interactive hands-on class is designed for beginners who want to learn BigQuery. It will provide you complete introduction and overview of Google BigQuery. This course is designed for the digital analysts, web analysts, marketing analysts, marketer, data scientists, and engineers who need to access all digital data in one place, this data includes Google Analytics, Google ads, YouTube, etc.
You will learn the basics of BiqQuery, connecting to Google Cloud Platform with a specific focus is on Google Analytics and other digital data. However, what you will learn in the course can be applied to any data sources.
GA360 provides native integration to export the data it collects to BigQuery, a data warehouse in Google Cloud Platform. If you don't have GA360 then don't worry, there are 3rd party services that can pull required data from a free Google Analytics account.
Familiarity with Google Analytics standard reports and basic dimensions & metrics.
This outline is customized to your needs.
- Google Cloud Console and Creating an Account
- BigQuery UI.
- BigQuery data structure
- BigQuery SQL syntax
Google Analytics Data in BigQuery
- Connection Google Analytics with BigQuery
- Google Analytics data schema.
- Understanding hit types and how records correspond to GA data.
- Understanding and uses of nested fields.
Querying and Aggregating Data
- Basics of SQL
- Querying basic Google Analytics metrics that include, users, sessions, page views, etc.
- Query data for specific date ranges.
- Unnesting hit-level and product-level data and calculating metrics such as landing pages, time on page, and more.
- Custom dimensions and metrics
- Creating your own metrics
Data Connections for Analysis and Visualization
Using BigQuery to bring together various data sources for analysis and visualization:
- Importing and exporting data into and from BigQuery.
- Automation of the data pulls.
- Integrations with other Google data sources such as Google Ads, YouTube, etc.
- Visualization data in Google Data Studio.
We offer customized training based on your needs and data. Contact us to get a no-obligation quote.