Link your Google Ads account to your Analytics property to see the full customer cycle, from how users interact with your marketing (e.g., clicking ads) to how they finally complete the goals you’ve set for them on your site or app (e.g., making purchases, consuming content).
Why should you link GA4 with Google Ads?
By linking Google Analytics 4 to your Google Ads account, you will be able to
- See your Google Ads campaigns performance in Google Analytics
- Access new Google Ads dimensions in the User acquisition report
- Import conversions into Google Ads account and use them for reporting and bidding
- Create Audiences using Google Analytics data and enhance your Google Ads remarketing
Permissions you need to link GA 4 to Google Ads
To link a property to Google Ads to GA4, you will need certain permissions in both the accounts, Below are those permissions.
- In GA4, you need Editor or Admin permissions in the property you want Google Ads data in
- In Google Ads, you need to give Admin access to the Google Account that you will be using
How to link Google Ads with GA4
- In GA4 go to the admin panel
- Select the property that you want to link Google Ads to
- Under the Product Linking section click on Google Ads Linking.
- On the next screen, click the "Link" button.
- On the next screen click on "Choose Google Ads accounts"
- Select the Google Ads accounts you want to link (make sure you have the permissions, see the section above) and click the "Confirm" button.
- Click "Next" on the next screen.
- Make sure Enable Personalized Advertising is on and select Enable Auto-Tagging and click on Next
- On the next screen, review your settings.
- Click Submit button.
- Your Google Ads is now linked to the GA4 account.
Other Google Analytics 4 posts that might like
- GA4 Cross Domain Tracking: How to Track Multiple Domains and Sub Domains
- GA4 Debug View: How To Enable and Use GA4 Debugger
- GA4 Segments Explained
- GA4 Audiences: How to create, edit, archive, and use Custom Audience
- Comparisons in Google Analytics 4 (GA4)
- 35+ Things About Google Analytics 4 That Will Make You Look Like a Genius
- How to Upgrade Google Analytics to Google Analytics 4 (GA4)?
- Google Analytics 4 (GA4) - Get Answers to Common Questions
Where to get more help with Google Analytics 4?
- Workshop - We offer onsite customized workshops. Reach out to us for more details.
- Consulting - We can get you up and running with Google Analytics 4 as well as train your and your team to use it effectively. Reach out to us for more details.
- Freelancers - Join our network and get support to help your clients with Google Analytics 4 and more.
Learn and Master Google Analytics 4
- Get your team ready for GA4 with this online self-paced course - Google Analytics 4 Masterclass
- Optizent Academy Membership - Learn GA, GA4, GTM, BigQuery, etc. and get support from fellow members